Built in Sanford, NC
|CKcg74MHF||7’4″||Fast||Med-Hvy||1/4 – 1 1/2oz||11 plus tip||chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, rattle traps|
Why did we name it the Chattergrass Kayak fishing rod?
Kayak Chattergrass Fishing Rod Design – The CK Chattergrass has an action like no other blank Cashion has made. The tip loads very fast and cast like a dream, but the tip is approximately 18” and then it turns to solid backbone. The Chattergrass kayak fishing rod excels fishing around grass. The tip doesn’t require a huge motion for casting because it loads so fast and the tip is soft enough to allow maximum action on your favorite Chatterbait to dart in and out of cover or grass. The backbone paired with the tip allows for popping baits loose from grass and gives the bait a great action when popping loose or ripping out. The Cashion CK Chattergrass kayak fishing rod is uniquely designed to fish transitions areas. Especially the 7’4” length allows for maximum casting distance and taking up line on hook set. Cashion Crew expert Kayak fishermen wanted microguides. Microguides provide a great advantage for casting distance and sensitivity, in addition to durability. The smaller foot print of microguides limit damage and provide a great performance advantage. The Chattergrass fishing rod blank was designed for moving baits in transition areas to throw a variety of chatterbaits, spinnerbaits, rattle traps, etc.
Kayak Blank Material Science – Cashion designs and builds all blanks in Sanford, NC. The CK Kayak fishing rod blanks were designed all new from the materials up. The Kayak fishing rod blanks utilize an American sourced carbon fiber pre-preg with standard modulus fibers. Cashion introduces new technology in the Kayak fishing rod blanks with an Energy Dissipation Jacket (EDJ). Let’s face it, due to the nature of kayak fishing, Kayak fishermen can be tough on their equipment. EDJ adds another layer of protection for the CK Kayak blanks to prevent fracture from impact. EDJ works as an outer layer around the carbon fibers to absorb and dissipate impacts from hard surfaces. The sensitivity of the Cashion Kayak blanks will be the first thing you notice. All Cashion blanks utilize Advanced Interface Bonding (AIB) which creates ultra high bond strengths at the molecular level between carbon fiber and epoxy matrix. AIB is real material science at work to deliver ultimate sensitivity and durability. The high modulus interface of AIB facilitates transmission of vibrations down the blank into your palm allowing you to feel everything. The raw finish of the CK kayak fishing rod blanks provides a high-end cosmetic look but very practical epoxy encapsulation of the fibers for even more durability.
CK Chattergrass Casting Rod Features:
- Specially engineered blank for fishing moving baits
- American made blank and American sourced carbon fiber pre-preg
- 7’4” length for added casting distance and fast energy transfer on hook set
- EDJ, AIB, and Raw Finish blank for extreme sensitivity and durability
- ½” Shorter Handle for Maneuverability with PFD but enough handle for leverage
- Carbon fiber / fiberglass rear grip for durable dense grip to transmit vibrations
- EVA butt grip for added padding and comfort for hook sets and all day fishing comfort
- American Tackle Saltwater Grade Microguides
- Microguides provide
- Maximum casting distance
- Sensitivity you can feel
- Smaller foot print for increased durability
- Blank through reel seat design for direct blank contact for added sensitivity
- Best hook keeper design on the market. Engineered placement of hook keeper for fast lure hook up and removal
- Microguides provide